Thursday 22 March 2012

Tutorial

I had a brief tutorial with Fred today, i just needed some input on the stage i am at with my briefs to check that i was on the right track. I also wanted to discuss the idea of swapping the substantiality of the Yearbook brief with another brief. Immediately Fred said no, this was because he advised me that at some point the brief will kick off and i don't want to be caught out. Which i understand, i explained the fact that i was worried, and he said that he would talk to Paul about it and see if we could get the ball rolling.
With regards to my other briefs, it was a really reassuring tutorial, Fred outlined that its okay to be producing work now. And that i shouldn't feel im rushing ahead, and with my kind of practice i should be at this stage. I think i was worried about the fact i seemed to rushing, even though i have taken my time making sure my decisions are right. He told me that i should be aiming to get my main 4 briefs and my DC, done and produced over Easter so that when i come back i can focus on either expanding a brief. Or starting a new brief, that encompasses me as a designer as well as making a comment on the design im interested in.
This has really helped me because i feel i can now focus on producing my briefs, and put them to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment