Wednesday 21 March 2012

Evaluation of Each Brief

I thought it best to do a small evaluation of each brief, in order tog et my head straight on what needs to be done next and where to go from now.

LULU - I now have the range that i want and the brand and identity. Its now a case of starting to produce the work to try and see what is working and whats not. It will now be a process of experimenting and pushing the design to see where i can further the range, possibly considering on-screen design.

CLEO TAVERN - Brand and Identity, done. Need to start producing to make sure formats work. A lot of processes are to be involved with this brief. I need to work these out so i can start the next stage which will be indoor signage and spacial design.

ISTD - Design and identity is done. I need to get the wood, which is proving tricky - may need to veneer the wood. Get the 12 produced, and then work out the format for the publication and how that will be housed. Once done re-evaluate and push the range.

DYLAN THOMAS - All ideas and designs are done, as well as the initial mapped out processes. Need to start experimenting to see if the techniques will work and whether the processes are actually appropriate.

YEARBOOK - This is by far the most unfulfilling brief i have done this year. The clients wont comply and i dont feel i am learning anything from it and it was supposed to be substantial brief. So i am going to take on a new brief, possibly from one already done in my smaller briefs. I am at the stage with my other briefs are in a position for me to push and develop. I feel i can take on a new brief to replace the substantiality of this brief. I have a variety of briefs I have shown interest in that i am going to pitch for, whether i get them or not i will want to take one and develop one.

No comments:

Post a Comment