Tuesday 13 March 2012

Tutorial with Andy


I had a great tutorial with Andy today, it was really helpful and has helped me gain more focus on my briefs, both for my practice and my profession. 
// My main worry with the LULU brief was that it wasn't commercial enough, but Andy reassured me that there will be plenty of time to be uncreative and have to do the generic if i can prove i have imagination that is applicable and can actually be printed then it will be fine. He did point out that i need to consider onscreen design, to give this brief a rounded commercial feel. I now know that i need to nail the designs down and focus on experimenting with stocks, and make sure the formats are appropriate and the small elements within it really work to create a rounded finish to the problem. 
// We also discussed my ISTD brief, my problem with this brief was the lack of range. Although with the chosen content i have the opportunity to create a range of information graphics, i feel the format is lacking. So we had a good discussion about what i could do, and we discussed the idea of creating a publication that has a range of the natural disasters, either 2 from each category or the top 10..or something along those lines anyway. Im really happy with this idea, and im thinking i can transfer the stocks and print techniques im using onto the publication, by either having an engraved slip case or something similar. 

These were the two briefs i really needed help with, as the other 2 im certain of the deliverables needed, the concepts and the direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment