Thursday 15 March 2012

Lord of the rings - text and overlay

I have been trying to work out the best way to apply the quote over the text. I know that typographically i want this text to be floral, it may be cliche but visually with an appropriate finish it could be create a very delicate image. 
I have trawled through the floral text that i have, as well as trying others that i have already research and settled on using Missionarie, this delicate font can have a really nice effect over the text. 


// INITIAL TRYS. 


I have had a couple of ideas on how to apply the finish. Because the text is so delicate i want the finish that is applied to try and mimic it, so that it balances. One idea is to have the text etched into into the substrate, whether it be printed on card or some other solid substrate. I have also had the idea of duplexing the stock slightly so that if i cut the pattern through then it could be highlighted in the background. 



No comments:

Post a Comment