Tuesday 28 February 2012

NEW DYLAN THOMAS BRIEF

I have decided to change my Dylan Thomas brief, i felt like i was going no where and that it was becoming really stagnant. So I decided that i needed to have a re-think. Still have the same concept of creating bespoke posters and around literature. But this time try and broaden it so that im not so pended in with Dylan Thomas.




I have decided to instead focus on changing the overarching context of the posters. The aim is now to re-introduce people to printed media and the book, through focusing on classics of our time. Incorporating old school writers such as Dickens to modern day classics such as Pullman. I think having a broad range, will make the context and way the stories can be displayed a lot more fun. I have been brain storming some initial ideas.

// My main concept is to have each book used as the background for the poster and then from there use the type to pick out elements from the story to create either a saying, image or phrase from it. Some of these stories are huge so this will be interesting. I want to story lines to be visible but not necessarily readable. Legible so you can see them and if you wanted to read them you could, but it isn't essential to the piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment