Tuesday 28 February 2012

MORNING CRIT

// Both Ailsa and i really needed some input in our briefs, and really just a chance to bounce ideas around one another because i think we both felt we had them but not enough to get a substantial understanding of our briefs. I also deiced at about 2am to change my Dylan Thomas brief because it was not going well and i wasn't achieving what i wanted to with it.
Polly also later joined in. This was actually a really good opportunity to get our ideas across to one another and see if they nade sense. I was looking for help with my Cleo Tavern brief and my Dylan Thomas brief, just to make sure that the ideas were sound and they both gave me new avenues to explore and try.


1. LULU - I know exactly what im doing now, and this is PRODUCING work. I need to start applying the textures and ideas i have and push it. I know i have been putting it off because i don't want to get it finished in a week, but i think i need to try and get some experimenting done so that i know what i can do in the future. 

2. DYLAN THOMAS - As i said i have changed my idea. Instead of using dylan thomas and his works to inspire the posters, which i have been struggling with. I am instead going to focus on bring people back to the classics. I still want to do the bespoke poster ideas but instead focus on 10 writers and different storie methods i.e Dylan Thomas, JR Tolkein, Charles Dickens etc etc. I still need to research this and find the ones i want to use. I don't want to do just old classics but incorporate modern day classics such as Phillip Pullman. Im not sure exactly how im going to do this but i know this is now what i want to do.

3. CLEO TAVERN - This brief is still in its initial stages and i really need to start pushing it. So today was a chance to really brain storm some ideas. The more i look at the ideas i have done the more i want to veer away from the generic imagery of a tavern. Its been done to death, and its cliche. So the girls pointed out that i could move the tavern, instead using the original audience to inspire the design but bring it to a more sophisticated audience in London, or Edinburgh for example. 

Now i know exactly what direction im heading with my ideas and concepts. Its now time to kick it up a notch and start producing work im actually happy with and push it.



No comments:

Post a Comment