Tuesday 29 May 2012

Brief 6 - DC Evaluation


Brief 6 – DC Publication

I thoroughly enjoyed working on my DC publication, it really helped me focus what I was doing and what I wanted to be doing in the future. This brief created something for me to contact other studios and I managed to gain some valuable advice from a range of different professionals. It was a chance for me to work within publication design, which was really good because I wanted to further my skills in this area. I soon began to realize that I had developed a real passion for understanding the intricacies of branding, and wanted to couple this with my passion for processing, so using this brief as a spring board I could research and further my knowledge in this area. This publication has formed the basis for all the design decisions I have made with regards to my briefs, from looking at alternative print methods to making brands and experience and looking at the interaction with consumers. I also got the opportunity to further my skills when it came to setting up documents to print, due to the fact I was printing with two alternative printing houses, lulu and blurb, meant that I had to factor this into my design, following specifications and getting colours/text/alignment right. I have learnt a lot from this brief, not only about printing but where I am aiming to head in the future, and has basically formed a basis alongside my PPD module. I wanted this book to form as a reference point for me to dip back into in the future, to help me keep inspired and remember the things I had done and what I was interested in, so that I don’t loose sight of the designer I want to be, and I defiantly think I have achieved this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment