Tuesday 29 May 2012

Brief 3 - Lulu Evaluation



Brief 3 – Lulu Evaluation

My aim for this brief was to explore fashion branding but in a different way, focusing on looking at the delivery element of fashion as opposed to in-store retail graphics and packaging.  Selecting a local high-end Fashion company called LULU, I used this as the spring board for my brief. Through research in my dissertation and general research, I found that e-commerce is becoming more and more popular, so I wanted to try an develop the idea of the delivery methods for fashion brands, making them as much of as an experience for the consumer as wearing the garments themselves. This brief involved a lot of researching, from the style I wanted to achieve, to the varying amounts of delivery methods and how garments work when they are being wrapped up. Due to the high-end nature of the brand, I wanted to portray this through the designs decisions that I made. Incorporating design processes and tactile products to enhance the experience through interaction. I had a varying amount processes to use within this brief which meant I had to manage my time accordingly, organizing when designs had to be completed by and how they would work together. A few problems happened within the processes, such as the screen printing tissue paper that didn’t work, and I had to come up with a new solution. One element I had to experiment with a lot was the printing plate, to create my own unique printed paper, I had to make sure I got the right paper and depth, experimenting with a range of GFSmiths paper and sizes. I have really developed my skills with working in alternative print methods, and thinking ways round problems in order to get the solutions that I wanted. I also developed my skills within on-screen design, using Photoshop to mock up on-screen delivery which I have never previously done.
Within this brief I found that I had to work very methodically in order to achieve the range of deliverables I wanted, and create a functioning identity that would deliver the concept.
I also got the opportunity to collaborate across courses with a fashion student who helped me with my envelopes, and in turn I helped her with laser cutting. This relationship also worked in other briefs, which turned out to be really beneficial and meant I could achieve design ideas that might not have been possible before.
Overall, I am happy with how this brief turned out, I feel I delivered on the concept that I set out in the first place. I learnt a lot from this brief, technical skills as well as time management and organization skills, which again will help me in the future. 





Ougd303 Brief 3

No comments:

Post a Comment