Monday 16 April 2012

Sample cuts

I booked a laser cut session today, I needed to try some sample cuts before i could use them on the prints that i had. I wanted to check how thick the laser cutter would be, knowing that it would cut a minimum of a 1pt stroke, which i had altered in the design so that i could counteract this.
I wanted to test first the cut through, this actually worked very well. A lot better than i thought it would, the detail is refined and clear. The cut is clean, i thought that there would be a substantial amount of burn residue left on the card, but there wasn't. So overall i was happy with this cut, and it would mean that i could then use it on the posters.
After testing this cut, i then went on to test the raster effect on the card. This was simple enough initially, but i had to re-set the files and their sizes on the machines because it alters when you transfer the files across.
I was very happy with the amount of detail achieved within the the rastered effect. I will then take this on to the larger formats.

No comments:

Post a Comment