Thursday 26 January 2012

SOI Tutorial

Today, i had a really helpful group tutorial with Lorenzo. We went through everyones statements of intent, and pin pointed areas we needed to investigate and helped focus our briefs. I went into this not knowing exactly what i was going to discuss but i knew that i wanted to discuss my briefs because they are all around the same thing pretty much, and I'm not sure this is going to be helpful to my practice.

Lorenzo helped narrow down my umbrella statement, because he thought i was being a bit too specific and that i needed to really focus on the fact that my practice is very process driven, and i like to explore different methods of printing and creating finishes. He also suggested that i need a creative brief, where it gives me the opportunity to really explore processes but with a direction at the end of it. When he said this i realised that that is what i was lacking, something to really have fun with and that can be on-going investigation, much like the poster brief i did before christmas, because i used that brief a lot to help inform my other briefs.

What i am going to do is change the competition brief 'Scotch Whiskey' and instead do a brief i've wanted to do for a while which is create some form of range of one of prints around one of my favourite poets Dylan Thomas. Im not 100% sure what i want to do with this brief with regards to deliverables but i know the general idea of how i want to go about exploring it. This way i can use everything i learned within the last module to inform and push my practice that bit further and create something really fun, but also help all my other briefs go along.






No comments:

Post a Comment