Friday 20 January 2012

Briefs



After my tutorial with Fred, i have gone through the briefs that I have selected and tried to narrow them down to see what has the most potential in order to push them further. The main thing i have realised is i need to combine my investigation and trying and testing things, so i want briefs to really allow me to do this yet still have a solid concept behind them. 

There are certain things i want to achieve with this FMP, and that is a professional portfolio, but I'm beginning to realise that its just as important to have a solid background to the images. This is through my talks with professionals and just me as a designer. So picking the right brief is really important. 

By doing this it has also helped me work out what areas of research i need to focus on throughout this module. 

Studios
Publication//Editorial
Processes
Finishing
Branding - Corporate/fashion/retail/promotion
Logo design
Packaging

and then more visual interests::
Hi-End design
Corporate design
Bespoke design

and then audiences within each brief, this will help me get a better understanding of the consumer and the interaction they can have with the brand. I didn't really do this in my last module, and going through my dissertation its becoming more important to understand where my market is and the interaction they would have with it. This is important if i want my work to be fully functioning and 'good-looking'.


No comments:

Post a Comment